Tuesday 14 September 2010

The Last Exorcism

This Horror film comes from the mind of Eli Roth star of the Inglorious Basterds film. Inspired by such films as The Exorcist and The exorcism of Emily Rose I went into this film hoping that it would live up to these films however I came out completly dissapointed. The main character of this film is a preist who conducts fake exorcisms. He is producing a documentary to show exorcisms are fake therefore this film is filmed in a blair witch style. It was meant to be his last exorcism however the girl he meets is actually possesed. This film had so much potential. At many points in the film I was anticipating the girl to jump out and scare the life out of me. However when they go into a room thats empty they find her sitting in a corner. How is that meant to be scary? The ending also completly ruins the film. I will not say what happens but im sure if you watch it you will know what I mean. I went into this film expecting to be freaked out however I laughed more than I was scared therefore I give this film a 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment